Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Little Piece of Heaven Portland, ME

All Summer, I utilized our lovely deck for morning coffee in the sun or homemade mojitos with our good friends. Sadly, ol' man winter came and ruined all chance of even seeing the deck with lots and lots of the white stuff.

Finally after months of looking out at a deck full of heavy and dirty snow I finally saw signs of those wooden rickety boards!!

It made me so happy to read my Real Simple magazine while sitting in the sun.

Real Simple makes me feel like such a suzy homemaker- I love it. It really is a great magazine.
Source
The other thing I was reading was an article in the Portland Press Herald that made me super happy. The owner of David's in Monument Square is doing an "in house biggest losers" challenge. How cool is that?! Apparently the chef wants to lose 60 pounds. I say BEST OF LUCK to them all! AND, the best part of the whole thing is that money is involved. CHA CHING.

Read the article here.

I was hoping to find a good sweet potato soup at Trader Joe's but no such luck. I bet I know someone who would enjoy this soup though.
That person is definitely this little guy. It tastes like a delicious puree of something I'd like when I was 6 months old. I have to give it to Trader Joe's though- this does have minimal ingredients and is low in cal's but the taste is off completely.

Andrew really enjoyed these granola bars from Trader Joe's though. They are a glorified candy bar basically. Thats ok though. I tried a bite and they are delicious and would be perfect for a snack.

Also, I must tell you all, I have been ecstatic all week because I GOT A NEW JOB!!! I am so excited to finally make it into the corporate world! ;)

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment