I love how the last page of Real Simple has perforated index cards filled with a few recipes, exercises, and quotes all from that issue so you can keep them on your fridge or somewhere in sight rather than carry around a big ol' magazine all day.
I was really happy to see many of my favorite and every day foods made the list. How'd you do?
My all time nutrition and delicious foods:
- Black beans- Canned or dried. A bag of dried beans is dirt cheap.
- Blueberries- FROZEN. So much cheaper.
- Broccoli- FROZEN. I always add chopped brocolli to pasta or rice for nutrition.
- Edamame- FROZEN.
- Eggs- Love eggs. Glad they made the list.
- EVOO- use it on everything. Keeps my skin supple too ;)
- Mushrooms- mmm only fresh.
- Oatmeal- Love oatmeal with a bit of peanut butter mixed in.
- Oranges- Vitamin C.
- Nut Butters- SO happy they made the list!
- Skim Milk- Yep, check.
- Spinach- Spinach Smoothies! Frozen is cheap and you get way more in a bag!
- Sweet potatoes- mashed or fries.
- Whole-grain pasta- Sometimes..
- Yogurt- Often!
Here you see: Sauteed spinach in EVOO with two over easy eggs, some sweet potato homefries, and anadama toast. So easy and delicious!
Here are some pictures of my new boyfriend Oliver. He's staying with me and Andrew this weekend so his girlfriend can have a few nights to herself-- isnt he the cutest?!
We are going out for Indian tonight! Hope you have a fabulous Saturday :)