Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Best Part of Wakin' Up..

Good Morning! Today I woke up at bright and early at 6 A.M because the rest of the house, Andrew and two friends, were going to Saddleback Mountain for some snowboarding. The smell of bacon wafted into my bedroom so I obviously had to get up to see if they had made me an egg bacon sandwich. No dice.

Instead I went with a whole wheat english muffin with peanut butter. Yum.
What does that quote mean?
After my breakfast, I contemplated going back to bed but instead got some energy to walk the 2 miles to the gym! The streets were nearly empty besides all the crazy dedicated runners on the icey pavement. Bless their souls.
Once I got closer to Planet Fitness, I thought of cozying up here and people watch read the newspaper and drink a cup of hot coffee.
Instead, I trudged on through the unplowed streets to the smelly gym to get my fitness on.

Remember this post when I said that walking in the snow is a real workout? Well, today my point was driven home when I arrived at the gym completely warmed up for my workout.
I had a great lil' workout and now I am home sipping on this stuff and deciding what to do with my day. Enjoy your weekend!

Also, I must bring up the fact that it is National Eating Disorders Awareness Week. This is a pretty powerful post that I read from Kailey and her honesty is amazing. If you are strugging with an eating disorder, I suggest you read this if you think you're ready to move on in your life. <3

2 comments:

  1. just came across your blog! it's fabulous! you have some great insight on your posts! have a great weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoo I love planet fitness. it's how i watch the food network and get my sweat on. walking in the snow is hard work, but it beats walking in the slush!

    ReplyDelete