Monday, December 27, 2010

Ho ho ho Holidays


My dad with the maple whiskey I gave him :)
I hope you all had a wonderful Holiday weekend :)



My goofy sister
This weekend was great- good family, good friends and good food.

Babes.
I definitely enjoyed a couple of these beers this weekend. Smuttynose Brewery is located in New Hampshire. All of their beers I have tried I have thoroughly enjoyed and I am not even a huge beer drinker. Try them out. I think this was my favorite label for sure.

Also, make this. It is a Poached pear trifle. It is to die for.

I'll get you the recipe. Made by my momma.


I got plenty of great presents this Christmas including: jewelry, work out shorts, sports bras, Celphalon pans :) (fancy I know!) and some other goodies. Two of my favorites:




This morning, I woke up and all I was craving was something a little more nutrionally sound than all the goodies I had this weekend. I wanted oats, but not the regular peanut butter oats I make. Something a little lighter.

1/2 Cup Oats
3 Dried Apricots, chopped
1/2 Cup Almond Milk

I microwaved the oats for 3 minutes. They were yummy. I felt great after eating them and not weighed down at all.  Instead of adding any honey or maple syrup, the dried apricots plumped up and sweetened the oats. I definitely don't think I need more sugar :)

The almond milk made the oats really creamy without adding many calories or added sugar. Have you tried it? 

Andrew made himself a breakfast that I must say needs documentation. Here is his plate piled high with an onion and cheese omelet, whole-grain quaker oat pancakes, and turkey bacon.


That boy can eat- but I must say he only ate one of the pancakes.

This week, I am going to focus on eating healthy, whole, natural foods and avoid sugar a wee bit. My body just seems off when I don't eat healthy - especially after this holiday weekend.

Also, I havnt really decided yet, but I might try to be vegetarian for a while. Since I have the food processor now, I know it won't be as hard to make protein filled vegetarian dishes. Veggie burgers and hummus come to mind as things I can make with the food processor.

Your thoughts?

I have the day off today so I am going to go to the gym. Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. What makes you want to try being a vegetarian? Also, I'm very jealous of your food processor! I got a boxfull of kitchen goodies, including springform pans and a casserole dish. I guess I'm pretty easy to shop for :P I also got a kindle from my sister! I hope I read more because of it

    ReplyDelete