Monday, November 1, 2010

Trader Joe's Reviews

Charles Shaw Merlot- What is 2 buck chuck supposed to taste like? Fermented juice? Spot on here. 5 out of 5 for value.

The Bagel Spinoza "The Works" Bagels- Andrew said he enjoyed these a lot. His rating "Similar to a Pepperidge farm bagel, pretty chewy, 3 out of 5 if a 5 is an Einstein bagel." Einstein is a bagel and coffee place that is all over the Midwest. One bagel of theirs could feed a family of 4--they are the perfect bagel.

Peanut Flour- If you are a peanut butter lover, go buy this. It is a wonderful, less caloric form of peanut butter. Make sure to add a pinch of salt and a 1:1 with water for this. What a cool product full of protein. The package says it can be used for thickening soups, making breads or pastries, etc. I use it as a peanut butter spread. 5 out of 5.

Pumpkin Butter- Oh my, this stuff is delicious. I have been using it as a spread for rice cakes. 5 out of 5.

TJ's Organic High Fiber Cereal- I love Fiber One cereal, especially the little twigs one. This stuff tastes like legit  cardboard. 2 out 5. I gave them a 2 because it does keep me full.
TJ's Chickenless Chicken Nuggets- Won't be buying again. Tastes mushy and bland inside. Outside crisped up in the oven but the inside was super dissapointing and gross. 1 out of 5.



Trader Joe's Mandarin Orange Chicken- YUM!! This chicken was crispy, easy to make, and delicious. The bag cost 4.99 and we made 4 meals out of it. If you like Orange Chicken buy this for sure. It wasnt super healthy but I topped my salad off with some of these little chicken bites and it was wonderful! Andrew said 3 out 5 and I said 5 out of 5.


I waited in line at the Portland Trader Joe's for about 30 minutes. It was insane on opening day and I kept wondering if I should drop my basket and run out the door.

I am so ready for a day off! Thankfully, I have one coming up on Wednesday and I could not be more excited. Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment