Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Po Boy's Po Pickles..

After my gym workout the other day, I was driving home and passed Andrew driving in the other direction. I called him up to see where he was heading. He gave me strict orders to not eat. First thoughts, I am obviously offended. Is he calling me fat? Did he spill something foul in the fridge and doesnt want me to see it? Good Lord, I am paranoid...


I showered and waited for his arrival. OH! Now I get it as he arrives with two carry-out bags , he was picking up lunch. He chose Po' Boys and Pickles on Forest Ave in Portland. I had been wanting to try this place for a while. It is a New Orleans style take out restaurant. For lunch, he ordered 2 sandwiches:
Pulled Pork with cajun coleslaw, tomato and bbq sauce, and the
Golden Fried Oyster sandwich as well as a
Beet salad with meslun greens, goat cheese, beets, and toasted walnuts and Sweet Potato Fries.





The Pulled pork sandwich was really delicious but the oyster sandwich was just okay. Kind of blah tasting--definitely in need of a sauce or another spice. However, the whity rolls were fresh and possibly made in-house?
The sweet potato fries were really good. The beet salad was delicious and I would order this again for sure. Andrew knows me so well to pick a salad with beets, goat cheese, and a red wine viniagrette.

Everything tasted super fresh from Po' Boys and we will definitely be back.

1 comment:

  1. Yum, I love it there. Try the fried shrimp po'boy- it's my favorite. And I'm addicted to that Mandarin Orange Trader Joe's chicken, thanks to you!! How did you make it last 4 meals!?? :)

    ReplyDelete