Friday, November 5, 2010

No Excuses: 10 Ways to Get your Booty to the Gym!

Happy November 5th everyone. Today it is cold. Tomorrow it is cold. The next few months are even colder.
 Bundling up with seven layers to go warm up your car every morning? No thanks.
Growing up, my dad didnt turn up the heat until mid November. Ive been known to sleep in my ugg boots on occasion. Funny but true.

 

 
It can be hard getting yourself to the gym when the weather is ugly. Not only that, our days are short in the winter so trying to fit in life AND the gym can be difficult. Plus, the couch is just so enticing!

 

 
Here are a few tricks that help me get to the gym 5-6 times a week:

 
Grin & Bear It:
Change your attitude. Smile big and tell yourself you are excited for a great work out.

 
Ready, set, go:
-Put all your work out gear (headphones, water bottles, sneakers) next to the front door. This will hold you accountable to yourself..you wouldn't want to have to put all that stuff away before it was used right? That would be embarrasing;)

 

 
Weigh it out:
Make a list of the PRO's and CON's of going to the gym.
                                                                                      
See for yourself:
-Visualize yourself at the gym on your favorite piece of equipment. Think about each minute flying by as you get stronger and healthier!

 
Start with 5: 
Tell yourself you only have to work out for 5 minutes. I do this all the time. If I am really truly not interested in being there after 5 minutes then I'll go home, but I usually end up getting into my work out and staying.

 
Find a Buddy:
-Ask a friend to come with you! My sister and I like to push eachother to work out longer. That smile is so fake.

 
Money Bagz:
Reward yourself for your hardwork with a new music download. The BEST soundtrack to work out too: Slumdog Millionaire. Hands down!

 
Thanks for reading, now get to the gym! :)

1 comment:

  1. I just came back from a grueling run. It was nice to see this when I came home!

    ReplyDelete