Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Bowl of Perfection

Most mornings I start my day with a bowl of oatmeal.

No sugar laden pancakes or cereal for me! I crash instantly.
 I need my whole grains for breakfast or I am one cranky mess.


If you arent eating oats, you should probably start. Go buy some Quaker and make your heart happy!

1/2 cup oats
Lots of Cinnamon
Dash salt

After I cook this in the microwave for about 3 minutes, I add a tablespoon of natural peanut butter for some healthy fat and protein. My personal favorite is Skippy Natural.
Mmmm, and no breakfast is complete without a cup of joe. I hate to say it, but I think my boyfriend and I are turning into coffee snobs.
Tonight, a couple of us are going out to eat at the Corner Room. I have been there once before for Happy Hour and it was a wonderful time with great service from the bartender. They also had several different appetizers for free, including a ricotta mousse that was amazing.

Oh, yes, couldnt end this post without a picture of this beauty. Andrew worked really hard on this!

I hope you have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lauren, thanks so much for visiting my blog (Mignardise) and leaving a comment. Your blog looks great! There's so much good stuff to write about in Portland. Have fun with it!
    Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete