Friday, August 5, 2011

Eight is great

This afternoon at work, I was slumped over in my chair getting through piles of paper when the mere thought of my 5 PM run hit me. It actually made me wanna cry. Running on a Friday afternoon was something I had never really understood. A glass of wine is usually the way I roll after a long week at work.


There was really no way I could back out of it now- my sister was counting on me. When I got home at 5, she called cheerily and said "I'll be right there!"

Ugh. Ok, it was on. Positive thinking was the only way I could wrap my head around it. When she got to my place, I plastered on my fakest smile and we took off.

How was it? GREAT!
Hahaha, so happy!

We chatted the entire time and it was SO nice. Our loop took us through Baxter Park, Deering Park and up the hill that is State Street. My legs burned a lot of the time but being able to bond during a run with my sister made it so worth it.



When we got to the bridge that heads into SOPO we banged a left and went down busy Commercial St. The hustle and bustle through the Old Port and our conversation made the minutes just fly by.

As we headed down the Eastern promenade toward Back Bay, our pace slowed down a bit but it didn't really matter. Running eight miles IS running eight miles. Besides, I can easily blame my slogging on the distracting views...

Summer pic.. no camera while running :)


Summer pic.. no camera while running :)
All in all, it was a great run and made me feel just a little more confident that I'll be able to tackle 13.1 miles in 2 months. All it takes is a little confidence and a good running buddy. Oh, and of course all of our donations are going to this  organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment