Thursday, August 29, 2013

Wedding Day

The night before the wedding I slept pretty well thankfully. My bridesmaid Megan and I slept in my parents room while the other bridesmaids took up the living room and guest bedroom. It took me a while to get to sleep and I can recall looking at the clock around 12:15 AM thinking "ohhh goodness, just please fall asleep". I drifted off into la la land and woke up feeling so excited for the day.

In the morning, I woke up to the sounds of my best friends chattering about our itinerary for the morning. My mom was in the kitchen working on the cheese and veggie platters. I had my mom take on this task because our caterer wanted to charge us $1200 dollars for a cheese platter (YIKES).

We knew we had to get going to make it to Broadturn Farm to set up our wedding stuff before our hair appointments. The only stipulation was that Andrew and his groomsmen were there setting up and Andrew and I didnt want to see eachother before the ceremony. We decided to take our time at breakfast so the guys would have a little bit more time setting up.

 We didnt have any set plans for breakfast so we decided to head to Starbucks. I had an iced coffee with soy milk and oatmeal. I wasnt really hungry but figured I should eat something.


After our breakfast, we drove to Broad Turn Farm and I started getting butterflies in my stomach. Andrew and I had drove down this road so many times before to bring things to the Farm or get a question answered by the residents. I knew this would be the last time I would be a Martin gal and things finally started feeling real!

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment